Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Confetti Paparazzi + Barielle Nail Brightener



My mani for today is pretty simple but I really enjoyed it.  I started with two coats of Barielle Nail Brightener, which is my all time favorite base for french manicures:


It has a subtle blue shimmer for a "brightening" effect, just like blue shimmer that you sometimes see in lip gloss.  The blue counteracts yellow/dull tones and the shimmer reflects light.  In the bottle it looks kinda opaque, but it goes on very sheer and subtle so it can be layered on top of white tips without a problem.  When I use Nail Brightener, it's like my natural nail...but better!


Then I used Confetti Paparazzi, an orange jelly shimmer, for the french tips.  I am terrible at free handing french tips so when I like to use jellies and glitters that are buildable and don't streak--they tend to be more forgiving towards shaky hands.

1 comment:

  1. I did my own version of this and it turned out so cute! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...