Saturday, February 12, 2011

Sephora by OPI - Techno Girl (with Red Tips)



I thought Techno Girl from Sephora by OPI would be cute for Valentine's Day, so I tried it using China Glaze Sexy Silhouette for the tips.  Techno Girl is a nice medium pink but it's similar to a lot of pinks that I own.  Sexy Silhouette is a really nice shimmery fuschia but it goes on translucent so I usually use it in layers.  I played around with a few different combinations including a matte effect--see more pics after the jump.

I started out with three coats of Techno Girl:


Then added red tips using Sexy Silhouette:


I wanted to see how Techno Girl would look matte:


Then to make the red tips really pop I tried a frosted pink top coat (Confetti Dreamdate) over the Sexy Silhouette:


I think I liked it better before adding Dreamdate, but I'll definitely try more layering with Dreamdate in a different look some other time.  Later on, just out of curiosity I added another layer of matte top coat from Rescue Beauty Lounge and this was the result:


I'm still getting used to the matte look but I thought overall it was an interesting effect.  I like how it's simple but non-traditional.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...